Work for Us at Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel is one of the finest venues in Hampshire. A luxury 4 star property located just 6 miles outside of Basingstoke and situated amongst 315 acres of country estate. Beautifully restored to its former self, Oakley Hall Hotel offers the perfect setting for accommodation, weddings, conferences, team building and corporate events and has a total of 50 bedrooms.
Please click on one of the positions below which you would like to apply for.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the UK need apply.
Own transport is essential as Oakley Hall Hotel is located in the countryside, 6 miles outside of Basingstoke.
We are currently looking to recruit a full time receptionist who has the ability to provide a high consistent service to all guests using the hotels facilities.
The successful candidate will be confident and welcoming, with excellent communication skills and personal presentation. You will be comfortable with standard PC packages. Knowledge of computerised reservations systems such as Opera would be beneficial however not essential. Previous experience in a similar role within a full service hotel environment is essential or within a hospitality customer service environment would also be valuable. Above all, you will be an excellent team player and be able to demonstrate a true passion for service excellence. Duties include:
- Dealing with reservations by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face to face
- Checking guests in and out of the hotel, allocating rooms and handing out keys
- Preparing bills and taking payments along with issuing vouchers
- Reservations for the restaurant for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Taking and passing messages to guests and dealing with any special requests (i.e. booking flowers, champagne, printing directions), answering questions about the hotel and surrounding area
- Answering the telephone in an appropriate manor and transferring calls to the relevant departments
- Mail handling as well as printing and posting brochures, stationary update and printing menus for functions
- Ensuring the reception desk is kept tidy and well presented at all times
- Delivering great customer service, being a reliable team player and well presented at all times
The position is full-time, 40 hours + per week, 5 shifts over 7 days including weekends and bank holidays.
If you feel you fit our criteria, please email Gurinder Singh: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking to recruit a full time housekeeper. The successful candidate must have experience in a similar position and be enthusiastic to maintain the high level of standards already set at the hotel, this includes the 50 bedrooms and all public areas.
The successful candidate must be able to work 40 hours a week. The shifts would be over 5 days out of 7 between 6am – 11pm, including weekends and bank holiday weekends. If you feel you fit the criteria above, please forward your CV to Manuel Araujo: email@example.com
CHEF DE PARTIE
We are currently looking to recruit a proactive and highly motivated Chef de Partie.
As Chef de Partie your role will be to work on all sections of the kitchen as required and to support senior members of the kitchen brigade. You will be given further and ongoing training to develop your skills as a chef, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a high quality establishment with great career prospects.
Your responsibilities & duties will include:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
If you or someone you know would be interested in this fantastic Chef de Partie role please forward your CV to Justin Mundy: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking to recruit a Bar Assistant.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, dedicated and be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
You will be working throughout the various departments including Bar, Restaurant and Conference & Events.
This position is full-time over 7 days including weekends, evenings & Bank Holidays. Due to the location of the property, valid drivers license and own transport is essential.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity and Oakley Hall Hotel’s plans for the future please forward your CV.
If you feel you fit our criteria, please forward your CV to Manuel Araujo: email@example.com